The decorations are hung and Jeanette's baking has begun!
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE
- cooking spray
- 2 c flour
- 2-1/2 c fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 cu + 1tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Toss cranberries with 2 tablespoons of flour, and set aside.
- Whisk remaining flour together with baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and orange zest until fluffy. Add egg and beat to combine. Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk alternating between the two to the butter mixture, finally fold in the cranberries.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle top with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Bake 35-45 minutes until top is lightly golden. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy this receipe and check back soon to view others!